At BookerZzz (HotelSpecials and BungalowSpecials) we use the latest technology and the sharpest minds to expand our high traffic booking platform. We’re currently in the process of overhauling our stack, using Golang as our primary language, by creating a scalable micro service architecture to facilitate our international growth. We’re looking for a front-end developer to help us take the platform to new level of “awesome”.
Due to expansion of the IT team we are immediately looking for a:
What does your day look like?
As our new front-end developer, you have the flexibility to create and innovate in a challenging and fast moving environment. Whether you optimize the booking funnel, implement A/B tests or improve the loading time of our search results page, you’ll be encouraged to think “out-of-the-box” and create the innovative solutions, leaving your mark on the company. As a front-end developer you have a lot freedom to define and execute your own front-end strategy.
You’ll be part of our in-house development team, consisting of 20 people from 10 different countries. We work using Scrum and Kanban. The teams are divided in dedicated platform teams and Conversion Rate Optimization teams working solely on improving CTR. The teams are responsible for the development and DevOps of all our:
- HotelSpecials- and BungalowSpecials (responsive) websites available in NL, BE, DE, NO, DK, SE and CO.UK;
- Back-office, Channel Management and Extranet environments for our suppliers like the hotels and bungalow parks.
Learn more about what it’s like being a developer at BookerZzz, read Rob’s story: https://goo.gl/gjyMF8
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
You should be very familiar with:
- HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Less, GitHub, Continuous Integration, DevOps;
- Consuming APIs, UX, Browser Performance optimization;
- Writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components and a strong sense for good UI/UX;
- Writing unit tests for large web applications;
- Debugging cross-browser compatibility issues;
- Data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, prioritization, etc.
- Have a passion and an understanding of the nuances of web technologies;
- Familiar with AWS, backend technologies like Golang & PHP;
- Be able to solve problems in a creative manner and just get things done;
- Contribute to a fun working environment;
- Care about building an app right, with attention to pixels and clean, well-tested code;
- Be willing to work on a variety of projects, platforms and languages.
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done.
Who are we?
BookerZzz is a fast-growing company that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 18 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
- BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
- We work with over 150 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free. Do you want to know more about the way we work and who we are? Check it out here.
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city centre of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 15 minutes by train from Amsterdam.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook Pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program including an introduction day with guided tour of Haarlem;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities and legendary parties.
➟ Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with one of our IT members Michael or Chris via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation. The interview process will be concluded by an interview with our cultural ambassadors who will focus on your cultural fit within our organization.
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure.
** Are you a recruiter? Thanks for your interest but our in-house recruitment team has this vacancy covered. **