At BookerZzz, we use the latest technologies and the sharpest minds to expand our high traffic booking platforms. We’re currently in the process of completely overhauling our tech stack with GO as our primary implementation language, creating a scalable micro service architecture to further our international growth. We are looking for good developers passionate about Go to help us take our platform to new levels of awesome.
Do you want to hone your valuable experience and knowledge of engineering best practices on a high performance stack?! Work with the latest technologies and the sharpest minds to create quality systems?
As a Go Developer at BookerZzz, you’ll have the flexibility to create and innovate in a challenging and fast moving environment. Whether you’re optimising the commercial frontend, building a new search engine or implementing a new micro service, you’ll be encouraged to think outside the box and create the best solutions, leaving your mark on the company. In the famous words of our rockstar developer, Rob, “even as a new developer, you can start making a fundamental difference in the company within a matter of months”.
Together with your enthusiastic colleagues, you’ll be responsible for the development of various international websites (HotelSpecials & BungalowSpecials) using progressive techniques and technologies. Within the IT department, you’ll work closely with 3 scrum teams, sharing your ideas and experience. Every individual is essential to the success of the team, and team work is central to the way we work.
Working in such a fast-paced and competitive industry means continuously improving our processes and systems. This means you’ll be working in an agile environment with the flexibility to try out your own ideas and improvements. Creating simple quality solutions to complex problems will be at the heart of your work as a developer here at BookerZzz.
Learn more about being a rockstar developer at BookerZzz from one of our very own, read Rob’s story here.
In short you’ll be…
- Designing, building and maintaining web applications in Go which are serving lots of users every day;
- Improving reliability and performance of core components;
- Shipping new production systems quickly and iteratively;
- Actively participate in our Scrum teams.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. Ideally, you have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
You have experience with developing using Go, even if you’ve only built hobby projects with Go but have passion for it we’d like to hear from you.
Candidates should have…
- A passion for software engineering best practices including; unit testing, code reviews, design patterns, keeping it simple, and more;
- A minimum of 5 years experience with any high performance languages;
- Experience with various data stores, such as MySQL, ElasticSearch, Aerospike and / or Cassandra;
- An understanding of computer security fundamentals and security-minded programming;
- Experience with agile methodologies for software development (e.g. Scrum/Kanban);
Why start working with us?
We are an international and highly dynamic organization that continuously challenges itself to get better. We are a team where people want to work because they know they are important and they have the opportunity to become specialists within their fields. At the same time, we are proud of our open company culture and we are good in celebrating successes together.
Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Then we’d love to get to know you. Our office is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just across the central station and only 15 minutes by train from the center of Amsterdam. Apply and convince us that you are the right person for the job!
We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience + bonus structure;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays, travel reimbursement and pension plan;
- Free travel insurance;
- Macbook and flexible working hours;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and a onboarding program including an introduction day with guided tour of Haarlem;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit and free massages, weekly office drinks, lots of social activities and legendary parties.
BookerZzz is a fast-growing company that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 18 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom.
We work with over 150 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Interested? Please send your CV and letter of motivation through the ‘apply button’
Questions? You can contact Monique Nelissen at 0031 6-38762512 or email@example.com
Our interview process consists of three rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation. The interview process will be concluded by an interview with our cultural ambassadors who will focus on your cultural fit within our organizations.
A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure.