At BookerZzz, we use the latest technologies and the sharpest minds to expand our high traffic booking platforms. We’re currently in the process of overhauling our stack, using Golang as our primary language, by creating a scalable micro service architecture to facilitate our international growth. We are looking for a Lead Developer passionate about Go to help us take our platform to new levels of awesome.
As our new Lead Go Developer, you’ll have the flexibility to create and innovate in a challenging and fast-moving environment. Whether you’re optimising the commercial frontend, building a new search engine or implementing a new micro service, you’ll be encouraged to think “out-of-the-box” and create the best solutions, leaving your mark on the company.
You’ll be part of our in-house development team, consisting of 20 people from 10 different countries. You will be leading a team of 3 developers. We work using Scrum and Kanban. The teams are divided in dedicated platform teams and Conversion Rate Optimisation teams working solely on improving CTR. The teams are responsible for the development and DevOps of all our:
- HotelSpecials and BungalowSpecials (responsive) websites available in NL, BE, DE, NO, DK, SE and CO.UK;
- Back-office, Channel Management and Extranet environments for our suppliers like the hotels and bungalow parks.
In short you’ll be…
- Leading a team of 3 developers;
- Designing, building and maintaining web applications in Go which are serving lots of users every day;
- Improving reliability and performance of core components;
- Shipping new production systems quickly and iteratively;
- Actively participate in our Scrum teams.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value your strong motivation and ambition to become better at what you do. You are not afraid to ask questions, try new things and share your ideas with us and. With your initiatives you can create energy and movement. Interaction is your way of getting things done and good collaboration is going to make the difference in your work.
We strongly prefer candidates currently living in The Netherlands.
Ideally you have:
- A passion for software engineering best practices including; unit testing, code reviews, design patterns, keeping it simple, and more;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with any high performance languages, of which a minimum of 1 year experience with GO;
- Experience with various data stores, such as MySQL, ElasticSearch, Aerospike and/or Cassandra;
- An understanding of computer security fundamentals and security-minded programming;
- Experience with agile methodologies for software development (e.g. Scrum/Kanban);
You’ll be able to…
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done.
Where are we?
Our office is located directly in the city centre of Haarlem, just across the central station, only 15 minutes by train from Amsterdam.
We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary depending on your education and experience;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement, pension plan and MacBook;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and an onboarding program including an introduction day with guided tour of Haarlem;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities and legendary parties.
- Interested? Please send your CV and letter of motivation through the ‘apply button’
- Questions? You can send an email to email@example.com
- Our interview process consists of three rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation. The interview process will be concluded by an interview with our cultural ambassadors who will focus on your cultural fit within our organizations.
We strive to go through the procedure from application to job offer within 3 weeks.