Update – Vacancy stop due to coronavirus
Due to the economic impact of the coronavirus, we have decided to put this vacancy (temporarily) on hold. However, we would like to stay in touch with potential candidates who are interested in our organization.
If you are interested in this position, please send your contact details to our Corporate Recruiter Diane by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. She will keep your details and contact you as soon as this position is vacant again.
Do you want to work in a fun, and innovative scrum team and dynamic working environment? Do you want to make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites, thanks to your knowledge in Front-end Development in a high-performance environment?! Then we are looking for you!
Due to replacement in the Product & Development team we are immediately looking for a:
What does your day look like?
As our new front-end developer, you have the flexibility to create and innovate in a challenging and fast-moving environment. Whether you optimize the booking funnel, implement A/B tests or improve the loading time of our search results page, you’ll be encouraged to think “out-of-the-box” and create the innovative solutions, leaving your mark on the company. As a front-end developer you have a lot freedom to define and execute your own front-end strategy.
What does your team look like?
Within the Product & Development department we work with 2 Scrum teams. You’ll be part of our in-house development team, consisting of 20 people from 10 different countries. The vacancy is open in the front-end team, which is responsible for the development and DevOps of:
- HotelSpecials – and BungalowSpecials websites available in NL, BE, AT, DE, NO, DK, SE and CO.UK;
Learn more about being a developer at BookerZzz, read: Rob’s Story
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
You should be very familiar with:
- HTML5, CSS3, Sass, Less, GitHub, Continuous Integration, DevOps for front-end web applications;
- Consuming APIs, UX, Browser Performance optimization;
- Writing high-performance, reusable code for UI components and a strong sense for good UI/UX;
- Writing unit tests for large web applications;
- Debugging cross-browser compatibility issues;
- Data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, prioritization, etc.
- Have a passion and an understanding of the nuances of web technologies;
- Are familiar with AWS, backend technologies like Golang & PHP;
- Be able to solve problems in a creative manner and just get things done;
- Contribute to a fun working environment;
- Care about building a website right, with attention to pixels and clean, well-tested code;
- Be willing to work on a variety of projects, platforms and languages.
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A salary depending on your education and experience;
- An informal working environment with ambitious colleagues with a strong team spirit;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities and legendary parties.
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with Stef, our Head of Product & Development, email@example.com or with Diane, our Corporate Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-38762512;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation.
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure;
- We strive for a quick and clear application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: BookerZzz is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BookerZzz via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of BookerZzz. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BookerZzz as a result of the referral or through other means.