Can you make a great contribution to the development of our Business Intelligence department, thanks to your knowledge of R, SQL and visualization tools like Power BI? Do you want to work in a high-performance international environment?! Then we are looking for you!
Due to replacement in our Business Intelligence team we are immediately looking for a:
Junior Data Analyst
What does your day look like?
As our new Data Analyst, you will be defining, collecting, analyzing and presenting reliable data and translating data into useful information. Therefore, you are capable to process the data by yourself. You will report to improve the company results and assists the stakeholders like our sales departments with timely and accurate figures. The impact on the company results is the most important driver for you to set priorities. You are a reliable partner in supporting data-driven decision making by providing meaningful analysis across the company.
Your core activities:
- Deliver reports and analyses;
- Interpret the results from analysis, including the identification of trends;
- Discuss findings with stakeholders;
- Process ad-hoc request from different stakeholders;
- Improve/optimize existing reports;
- Enrich databases with internal and external data to improve the quality of products;
- Automate scripts that process data as preparation task for reporting purposes;
- Resolve errors by identifying their cause based on analysis of console outputs.
What does your team look like?
Our Department of Business Intelligence consists of a Senior Business Analyst, a Conversion Analyst, a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst (you). You will be working together with our Senior Business Analyst and Data Scientist and will report to both of them.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us. We are looking for a candidate who has experience in the languages R and SQL and is eager to create reports and dashboards in Power BI.
You should have:
- HBO Bachelor or University Degree preference business of commercial economics;
- Affinity with IT;
- 0 to 2 years working experience in a comparable position, preferable in a similar e-commerce environment;
- SQL knowledge;
- At least 1 year working experience with R;
- Good skills and knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint;
- Preferably knowledge and experience of Power BI and Google Analytics:
- Ambition to translate business needs to functional solutions;
- Power and knowledge to translate needs to functional solutions;
- Analytical, quick in understanding complex problems and situations.
- Have a passion for and understanding of data science and automation;
- Easily communicate with other departments and feel free to take your own initiatives;
- Like to contribute to a fun working environment;
- Are willing to develop yourself in R and you are interested in the concept of Big Data.
Who are we?
BookerZzz is an e-commerce company in tourism that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 12 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
- BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
- We work with over 110 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free. Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Please feel welcome to visit us for a cup of coffee at our office!
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 10 minutes by train from Amsterdam. We recently moved! See the pictures and read the story about our New Office.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities like a yearly ski trip to Winterberg and legendary parties.
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with our Corporate Recruiter Ymke at Ymke@hotelspecials.nl;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds. The first round consists of an interview and will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation with the Recruiter and Senior Business Analyst. The second interview will be with our Data Scientist and a Brand Ambassador;
- A reference check and a case in which you will retrieve and process data from different data sources will be part of the application procedure;
- We strive for a quick and clear application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.