Do you want to work within a fun, and innovative scrum team and dynamic working environment? Do you want to make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites, thanks to your knowledge of PHP in a high performance environment?! Then we are looking for you!
To reinforce our development team we are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious:
What does your day look like?
Together with your colleagues of the Development Team (PHP / GoLang), you are responsible for the development of the various and international websites like HotelSpecials.de and BungalowSpecials.nl. Whether you optimize the commercial frontend, improve our A/B testing capabilities or implement a new microservice, you’ll be encouraged to think outside the box and create the best solutions, leaving your mark on the company. In the famous words of our rockstar developer, Rob, “even as a new developer, you can start making a fundamental difference in the company within a matter of months”.
Your main task is to maintain and further develop the backend applications, connections with third-parties and public frontend websites. Progressive techniques and technologies offer you a helping hand. Your activities are varied and challenging whereby you get a lot of responsibility and independency to carry out the projects.
Working in such a fast-paced and competitive industry means continuously improving our processes and systems. This means you’ll be working in an agile environment with the flexibility to try out your own ideas and improvements. Creating simple quality solutions to complex problems will be at the heart of your work as a developer here at BookerZzz. The stack and application platforms are around for some years now but are still being updated, tweaked and expanded on an almost day-to-day basis to support the ever-growing requirements of the business. We expect the candidate to be willing to dive in, learn and improve and extend the existing running platform.
What does your team look like?
Within the Product & Development department we work with 3 Scrum teams. The PHP team currently compromises of 3 backend developers, 1 frontend developer and a dedicated tester.
The core business is powered by PHP, and parts of the platform are being transitioned toward GoLang. A part of the work will be extending the communication between the systems.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
- Higher education or equivalent ability;
- A minimum of 3-5-years experience in a similar position;
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (version 7) and MySQL;
- Experience with MVC within PHP;
- Sufficient knowledge of XML/SOAP, SOAPServices and JSON;
- Experience with Unix, Git (GitFlow) and tests in PHPUnit;
- The will to work independently but you are also able to participate in projects and capable to think and act together with the Business;
- Fluency in English (and/or Dutch);
- Enthusiasm for working with PHP, Laravel, AWS, TerraForm, Ansible, Redis, Autoscaling & Continuous integration.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A salary depending on your education and experience;
- An informal working environment with ambitious colleagues with a strong team spirit;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook Pro;
- Flexible working hours and location.
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with Jeroen Koopman, HR Manager, via email@example.com or+ 31(0)6-14730854;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds;
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: BookerZzz is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BookerZzz via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of BookerZzz. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BookerZzz as a result of the referral or through other means.