Do you want to work within a fun, and innovative scrum team and dynamic working environment? Do you want to make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites, thanks to your knowledge of PHP in a high performance environment?! Then we are looking for you!
To reinforce our development team we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and ambitious:
Senior PHP Developer (Male/Female)
Who are we looking for?
Together with your colleagues of the Development Team (PHP / GoLang), you are responsible for the development of the various and international websites like HotelSpecials.de and BungalowSpecials.nl. Whether you optimize the commercial frontend, improve our A/B testing capabilities or implement a new microservice, you’ll be encouraged to think outside the box and create the best solutions, leaving your mark on the company. In the famous words of our rockstar developer, Rob, “even as a new developer, you can start making a fundamental difference in the company within a matter of months”.
Your main task is to maintain and further develop the backend applications, connections with third-parties and public frontend websites. Progressive techniques and technologies offer you a helping hand. Your activities are varied and challenging whereby you get a lot of responsibility and independency to carry out the projects.
Working in such a fast-paced and competitive industry means continuously improving our processes and systems. This means you’ll be working in an agile environment with the flexibility to try out your own ideas and improvements. Creating simple quality solutions to complex problems will be at the heart of your work as a developer here at BookerZzz. The stack and application platforms are around for some years now but are still being updated, tweaked and expanded on an almost day-to-day basis to support the ever-growing requirements of the business. We expect the candidate to be willing to dive in, learn and improve and extend the existing running platform.
What does your team look like?
Within the IT department we work with 3 Scrum teams. The PHP team currently compromises of 2 backend developers, 1 frontend developer and a dedicated tester. The core business is powered by PHP, and parts of the platform are being transitioned toward GoLang. A part of the work will be extending the communication between the systems.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
- Higher education or equivalent ability;
- A minimum of 5-year experience in a similar function;
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (5.6 and 7) and MySQL;
- Experience with a mature PHP MVC framework like Laravel;
- Sufficient knowledge of XML/SOAP, SOAPServices and JSON;
- Experience with Unix, Git (GitFlow) and tests in PHPUnit;
- The will to work independently but you are also able to participate in projects and capable to think and act together with the Business;
- Fluency in English (and/or Dutch);
- Enthusiasm for working with PHP, AWS, TerraForm, Ansible, Redis, Autoscaling & Continuous integration.
Who are we?
BookerZzz is a fast-growing company that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 18 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
- BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
- We work with over 150 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free.
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 15 minutes by train from Amsterdam.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- Use of a MacBook Pro;
- Flexible working hours and easy to reach location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program including an introduction day with guided tour of Haarlem;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities and legendary parties.
Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with one of our IT members Rob or Stef via r.gordijn[at]hotelspecials.nl or s.spijkerman[at]hotelspecials.nl. Our interview process consists of two rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation. The interview process will be concluded by an interview with our cultural ambassadors who will focus on your cultural fit within our organization.
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
Do you think you are the candidate we are looking for? Please submit your application via the ‘apply’ button on this page. We are looking forward to your application!