Can you make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites using your Product Owner skills in a high performance environment? Do you want to work with a fun and innovative scrum team in a dynamic working environment ? Then we are looking for you!
To reinforce our Product team we are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and ambitious:
Technical Product Owner Travel (backend)
What are you going to do?
As our Technical Product Owner you will be responsible for translating business needs into solid and viable solutions for our back-office and related applications, with a main focus on our Backend platform. Applying your drive, passion and knowledge will result in process optimization, an IT landscape and structure that provides optimal support for our finance and service desk departments and will help driving our business.
You will be able to come up with clear specs and deliverables, which will be picked up by our development team. Based on your prioritization. Next to bug fixing and general improvements, you will be highly involved in (strategic) decisions concerning the next phase of our platform, thus facilitating our (international) expansion.
Based on a clear vision, and knowledge of business processes and services (i.e. channel managers etc.), you will apply your project management skills and technical insights to support optimizing of our internal IT and related support. You will inspire, engage and involve business as well as IT to ensure that improvements will get broad support and go live as quickly and smoothly as possible.
Tasks (amongst others):
Take ownership, manage roadmap, backlog and prioritization;
- Shipping new production systems quickly and iteratively;
- Strong cooperation with IT development, evangelizing an agile approach;
- Strong cooperation with, and management of, external vendors and suppliers;
- Translate market and business demands into effective flow and business logic and subsequent IT solutions;
- Interact with internal stakeholders from Customer service and Sales to the CEO.
What does your team look like?
Within Product Development we work with 3 Scrum teams. The Product Development department consists of PHP- and Golang developers (Front-End & Back-End), an UX Designer, Product Owners and Software Testers.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
You are performance driven, motivated and willing to ‘walk the extra mile’ in order to achieve your goals. You are capable of communicating well with other departments and able to work with deadlines.
Furthermore, we require (that):
- Bachelor or Master level educational background; (for example technical business administration);
- At least 5-10 years relevant work experience in a common role as product owner / IT project manager;
- You are familiar with being part of a software development team, and you have excellent working knowledge of the technical roles and processes involved in application development life cycle;
- You are familiar with backend systems and API connections;
- You are an analytical mastermind & can be trusted to make sound decisions;
- You are comfortable managing challenging situations with autonomy;
- You Know how to break down complex requirements into understandable user stories;
- You know how Scrum Agile methods work;
- Experience within eCommerce and travel, within western/northern European market(s), is considered a plus;
- Excellent English communication, presentation and influencing skills (Dutch is a big plus);
- You are result driven, passionate, flexible, communicative and have an insatiable drive to make things better.
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done.
Who are we?
BookerZzz is an e-commerce company in tourism that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 12 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
- BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
- We work with over 110 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free. Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Please feel welcome to visit us for a cup of coffee at our office! Read here how it all began!
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 10 minutes by train from Amsterdam. We recently moved! See the pictures and check out the story about our New Office.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- An informal working environment with ambitious colleagues with a strong team spirit;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities like a yearly ski trip to Winterberg and legendary parties.
Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
- Interested in this job? Please send your resume and letter of motivation through the ‘apply button’;
- Our next step in the recruitment process is a phone screening. In case your profile has been selected for this first round, we will contact you as soon as possible to schedule a phone screening with you. After the phone screening there will be two more interview rounds at our office;
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure;
- Questions? Get in touch with our Recruitment department via 023 3024 600.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: BookerZzz is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BookerZzz via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of BookerZzz. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BookerZzz as a result of the referral or through other means.