Do you want to work within a fun, and innovative scrum team and dynamic working environment? Do you want to make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites, thanks to your knowledge in Go Programming Development in a high-performance environment?! Then we are looking for you!
At BookerZzz, we use the latest technology and the sharpest minds to expand our high traffic booking platforms. We have overhauled our stack for HotelSpecials (frontend and backend) in GoLang. Creating a scalable micro service architecture that facilitates our international growth. We are looking for a software developer who is passionate about Go (and DevOps) to help us take our platform to new levels of awesome.
What does your day look like?
As our new Go Developer, you will be designing, building and maintaining web applications in Go which are serving lots of users every day. You will be improving reliability and performance of core components. Next to that you will be shipping new production systems quickly and iteratively and actively participate in our Scrum teams.
What does your team look like?
You will be part of our in-house development team, consisting of around 20 people from 10 different countries. We work using Scrum. The teams are responsible for the development and DevOps of all our:
- HotelSpecials websites available in NL, BE, DE, AT, NO, DK, and SE.
- Back-office, Channel Management and Extranet environments for our suppliers like the hotels.
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That is why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
- Design, develop and manage services in Go;
- Debug existing services and fix bugs;
- Deliver new product features;
- Participate in the scrum process;
- Maintain and improve our AWS infrastructure;
- Participate in on-call rotation;
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience as a developer;
- Good knowledge of Go (2+ years)
- Strong knowledge of data structures and software architecture (e.g. MySQL and NoSQL);
- Able to understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Team player. Our scrum team consists of software developers (front-end, back-end), UX designer, QA engineer and a product owner;
Nice to have
- Experience with DevOps;
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, Terraform;
- Knowledge of 1 other language (PHP, Python, etc.);
- Knowledge of AWS;
- Experience with Elasticsearch;
- Experience with gRPC
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
- A salary according to our scale system between €4.127,- and €5.501,-.
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 30 days of paid leave;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with Etienne Snabilie, Recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our interview process consists of two rounds.
- Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation;
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully: BookerZzz is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BookerZzz via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of BookerZzz. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BookerZzz as a result of the referral or through other means.