Do you want to work within a fun, and innovative scrum team and dynamic working environment? Do you want to make a great contribution to the development of our high traffic websites, thanks to your knowledge in Go Programming Development in a high–performance environment?! Then we are looking for you!
Due to replacement in the IT team we are immediately looking for a:
At BookerZzz, we use the latest technology and the sharpest minds to expand our high traffic booking platforms. We’re currently in the process of overhauling our stack, using Golang as our primary language, by creating a scalable micro service architecture to facilitate our international growth. We are looking for a developer who is passionate about Go and has at least 1 year experience in working with Golang to help us take our platform to new levels of awesome.
What does your day look like?
As our new Go Developer, you will be designing, building and maintaining web applications in Go which are serving lots of users every day. You will be improving reliability and performance of core components. Next to that you will be shipping new production systems quickly and iteratively and actively participate in our Scrum teams.
What does your team look like?
Within the IT department we work with 2 Scrum teams. You’ll be part of our in-house development team, consisting of 20 people from 10 different countries. We work using Scrum and Kanban. The teams are responsible for the development and DevOps of all our:
- HotelSpecials – and BungalowSpecials websites available in NL, BE, AT, DE, NO, DK, SE and CO.UK;
- Back-office, Channel Management and Extranet environments for our suppliers like the hotels and bungalow parks.
Learn more about being a developer at BookerZzz, read: Rob’s Story
Who are we looking for?
At BookerZzz, we want you to grow! That’s why we value people with a strong motivation and ambition to become better at what they do. You should have a positive working attitude; a “yes, we can” mentality and outstanding communication skills. You are not afraid to ask questions and to share your ideas with us.
You are familiar with:
- Software engineering best practices including; unit testing, code reviews, design patterns, keeping it simple, and more;
- Any high-performance languages and have at least 1 year of experience with GO;
- AWS, various data stores, such as MySQL, ElasticSearch and Aerospike;
- Computer security fundamentals and security-minded programming;
- Agile methodologies for software development (e.g. Scrum/Kanban).
You’ll be able to:
- Have a meaningful impact on the company’s future;
- Create features quickly and without any red tape;
- Work on a product that impacts a lot of people;
- Be on a smart team that gets a lot done.
Who are we?
BookerZzz is an e-commerce company in tourism that offers consumers the best short stays in Europe. Through 12 websites in 8 different countries, we offer deals for more than 5,000 hotels and over 700 holiday parks. Thanks to our customer orientated approach, we help more than 1,000,000 happy customers per year to experience their perfect stay.
- BookerZzz operates in 8 different countries, with labels in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and the United Kingdom;
- We work with over 110 dedicated and enthusiastic employees in 3 European offices.
Our Mission: provide our guests with the perfect stay with more value for money, hassle free. Does that sound like an organization you would like to contribute to? Please feel welcome to visit us for a cup of coffee at our office!
Where are we?
Our office (HQ) is located directly in the city center of Haarlem, just next to the central station, only 10 minutes by train from Amsterdam. We recently moved! Check out the pictures and read the story of our New Office.
What do we offer you? We have great benefits!
Next to the fact that it is fun working with us, we offer great benefits:
- A competitive salary, depending on your education and experience;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- 25 days of paid leave + the regular public holidays;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Bonus scheme;
- Free travel insurance;
- Pension plan;
- MacBook Pro;
- Flexible working hours and location;
- Great coffee, table soccer competitions and onboarding program;
- A healthy and social working environment including fresh fruit, weekly office drinks and lots of social activities like a yearly ski trip to Winterberg and legendary parties.
Not actively looking for another job but feeling curious? Please feel free to come and visit us for a cup of coffee!
- Interested in this job? Please send your CV through the ‘apply button’;
- Questions? Get in touch with our Go team lead Chris via firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Our interview process consists of two rounds. Two job interviews will be focused on your professional experience and personal motivation. The interview process will be concluded by an interview with our cultural ambassadors who will focus on your cultural fit within our organization;
- A reference check and an assessment can be part of the application procedure.
We prefer applications from EU/EEA citizens, not in need of a working permit for The Netherlands.